Why worry?That’s the question Suzie Eller brought up this week and all the #livefree girls will be discussing around the table! So grab a cup of coffee or a glass of lemonade and join us awhile!
“Do not fret—it only causes harm” Psalm 37:8b NKJV
- I wonder how I will stay up late enough to tuck the children in every night.
- How I will respond to them when they continually override my authority and I can’t ask you to back me up.
- What to do when I don’t know the right answer to a question?
- How I will get them to all the places they need/want to go while I am working.
- How I will keep the grass cut.
- How I will keep up the chores.
- How I will keep the meals done without growing tired and being irritable.
- How I will sleep at night with no one beside me and that compounds the problem, because if I don’t sleep, I get cranky!!!!
One thing created a list of 8 worries! And girls, I bet my list was longer! That was four years ago and while my husband is currently on duty, I can say I know there were more than 8 worries. Those were the worries just related to my ability to be a single mom while He was away. It didn’t encompass all the worries that came with running our family business. WOW! It’s a wonder I still have hair! Worry robs us of living freely. Worry causes harm. Physical, mental, emotional harm. Worry has the ability to rob us of peace and joy.
That list was the beginning of a journey. A journey that led me to God’s word for me.
Jodie, worry is wasteful.
- Prayer is powerful.
- Prayer is purposeful.
- Prayer is productive.
Let’s produce power! Let’s become prayer warriors instead of worriers.
Four years ago in the month of April I issued a challenge and today I will issue it again!