There I am working out on the second row of a morning Faithfully Fit class.
I used to always be at the front teaching, but God sent blessings in the form of willing instructors to assist with morning classes!
Back to the second row!
I’m right there doing knee lifts and Glenda leans and says, “She’s lost a lot of weight; she’s going to lose her pants”! We laugh together but the transformation is apparent. And I’m not one to be shy, so I just shout out the question, “Sara, how much weight have you lost”?
30 pounds! 30 pounds in 6 months!
She’s smiling, she’s kicking, she’s teaching a Faithfully Fit class!
Later I sat to talk with Sara over lunch at a local Italian place. Sara carefully cut her grilled chicken pita in half. Half for now and half for later. And the fries, well they went home to the dog. Sara explained, “If you had told me a year ago that I would be teaching Faithfully Fit I would have said, Really!?”
Before coming to Faithfully Fit as an attendee Sara never worked out. However, it didn’t take long for us to notice that she had a spark! An ability to keep count and smile! Plus she had a light shining bright for the Lord! And so…we prayed and then we popped the question!
Will you consider teaching with us?
Now Sara is teaching morning classes, leading devotion and prayer and of course she helps make us sweat! And 30 pounds later she shares with me, and now you, the recipe for her transformation.
- Eating half when dining out! When ordering she knows that she will only eat half.
- Increasing Protein! “Egg whites are my best friend”
- Cutting out soda. She started with diet and went to none at all!
- Counting calories with My Fitness Pal (on online app)!
- Learning portion sizes and measuring!
- Keeping good snacks in the car to avoid the starving feeling!
Sara recommends making changes you can live with!
She loves pizza and can not cut it out all together. But she did cut back to one slice of thin crust pizza when she wanted her favorite!
- Works out 6 days a week: Teaching Faithfully Fit 2 mornings, walking, videos and her least favorite, but when in a pinch…the treadmill.
- “Trusting God is an overarching concept for me!” She trusts He has a plan and wants to be ready and healthy to respond to His call.
- Starting over everyday! Make small changes and remember everyday is a new day. If you falls short on Monday, wipe the slate clean and start over on Tuesday. “The verse, “His mercies are new every morning”, really stuck with me!”
You can make the transformation also! With or without Faithfully Fit! However, we would love to be a part of your transformation. Just yesterday I received a text from an “FF gal” who lives many states away now. She texted a prayer request and ended by saying, “Forever FF”. We would love to have you as a Forever FF girl!
Come join Sara and all the other FF girls! Click over to http://faithfully-following.com/class-schedule-upcoming-events/ for class times!
Come see where faith and fitness collide! ~ Jodie